This was just a funny interlude I witnessed last night.
Time: About 11:30 pm/12:00 am.
Place: My room; well, more accurately, my building at Halifax College.
I was sitting in my room, catching up on some dissertation reading at length when I heard an odd noise oustide of my window. It sounded like someone had approached the door carrying something and then had dropped it. I didn't think very much of it at the time, until I heard what I thought was the sound of some idiot throwing eggs, or some other breakable and subsequently messy food item, at the building. My window was open partially, so instead of suffer the consequences, I went to close it (and perhaps tell the moron outside to cut it out before I called the porter). I looked down at the paved path to the door and it looked like a guy had jumped out a window--with the guy missing. There were papers, clothes, and a bookbag strewn all over the walkway. At first I didn't see anyone, but then, movement in the window perpendicular to my own caught my eye. Within a second or two, a girl tossed out a pressed black suit complete with silk tie and a book of maps onto the pile already on the ground. I heard a door open, and I saw a young man, rather dejected-looking, exit my building and proceed to pick up the items that I must assume were his while more continued to shower down on him.
I wonder what the guy did to earn that one. It certainly provided me with a bit of unexpected entertainment for the evening. And me, watching the news and picking out DVDs....
NOTE: I went to the window to grab a book, and upon looking out of it and into the aformentioned "dumping" window, I noticed a young man in there, sitting in a desk chair. Apparently, the offender has returned to the good graces of his lady. Ah, tormented, young college love...
4 comments:
Ah yes, young love!! Must not have been so bad if he got to come back?! :O) I wonder how much it cost him?
S,
Yes, it was a "fresh" beer (and cold as we Americans like it). Incidentally, my justification for drinking too much is always in comparison to Europeans, and particularly the Brits and Germans.
"If we were Yuropeans, we'd be drinking TWICE as much--so don't be such a p-ssy!"
Our conception of Europeans is that they do drink twice as much and have more fun. I wonder sometimes how true that is.....
This is an awesome blog. I found it when looking for ad personals and liked very much.
Regards, Kate from Top Adult Personals
Post a Comment